PGA concentrates at the surface of the bubble with the hydrophobic end interacting with gas molecules inside and
outside the bubble and the hydrophilic part in contact with water molecules in the liquid, forming the bubble wall.
There is less attraction between the hydrophobic groups than there is between the water molecules in which the PGA is
dissolved, so the surface tension at the bubble surface is reduced, stabilizing the foam structure.
• Improves the amount of head
• Protects against foam negative compounds
• Improves foam cling and foam stability
• As a powder it has no shelf life issues
• Food grade
• Permitted additive in beer
• Natural product
• No adverse flavours