• DistilaZyme® BG is a liquid β-glucanase enzyme complex, derived from fermentation of Trichoderma reesei.
• DistilaZyme BG mainly consists of an endo-β-glucanase that hydrolyzes (1-3) or (1-4) linkages in β-d-glucans.
• DistilaZyme BG has been selected especially for its ability to break down β-glucans, that is present in rye, barley, wheat and other cereals, resulting in reduced viscosity, making pumping easier after mashing.
• DistilaZyme BG and DistilaZyme AA activities synergize during mashing.
• DistilaZyme BG displays an optimum activity at a pH range of 4.5 - 6.0 and at a temperature range of 55 – 65°C (130 -150°F).